Keto Friendly, Paleo Friendly, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free
- 2 cans of Polar Brisling sardines
- 1 pound (4 pints) of Shishito peppers
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 tbs of minced garlic / 4 cloves garlic
- 1/8 cup white wine
- ¼ cup of almond flour
- ½ tsp of salt
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme / 1 tsp of fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs of fresh oregano / 2 tsp of fresh oregano
- 1 egg
- Wash and dry the Shishito peppers. Cut a slit lengthwise into each Shishito pepper.
- Put the onion, garlic, wine, almond flour, salt, egg, 4 sardines, leaves from thyme and oregano into the food processor.
- Pulse until it is finely chopped and mixed.
- Fill the Shishito peppers with the mixture, adding half a piece of sardine into each pepper slit.
- Put the peppers on an baking sheet lined and covered with tin foil.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Uncover for another 10 minutes of baking to give it some color.
- Serve with salsa, juice of lemon, or green goddess dressing.
Other recipes you might like