Best enjoyed fresh & warm
- 8in x 8in Baking Pan
- 1 Can of Ox & Palm Corned Beef 15oz
- 8oz Cheese (or more)
- 8 Slices of Bread
- 2 Cups of Milk
- 5 Large Eggs
- 8oz Frozen Spinach (make sure to thaw & squeeze out excess moisture)
- 1 Small Onion Finely Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1 Teaspoon of salt (divided)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Black Pepper (divided)
- 1 Pinch of Nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- Heat butter over medium to low heat, saute the onions until tender. Stir in 1/2 of the salt & pepper along with the spinach, corned beef, & pink of nutmeg. Make sure to mix well and thoroughly. Set aside.
- Cut your bread into small 1in cubes. Sprinkle a layer of bread on the bottom of the 8in x 8in baking pan. Then sprinkle a layer of the spinach and corned beef mixture and a layer of cheese. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the milk with the eggs, mustard, and remaining salt and pepper.
- Pour over the casserole. Use a spatula or spoon to pat the top of the casserole to submerge the bread. Cover with foil & refrigerate for 8-24 hours.
- Remove the chilled strata from the refrigerator and let rest in room temperature for 25 minutes, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Put the strata in the oven and bake uncovered for about 45-55 minutes, or until golden brown and thoroughly cooked. If it looks like it is browning too quickly, carefully cover the strata with a foil and remove the foil covering in the last 5 minutes.
- Let stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
Looking to take it to another level? Dice up some black garlic or throw in a tablespoon of our black garlic puree to the mix for a hint of umami goodness.
Other recipes you might like