A delicious traditional Southeast Asian Dessert.
- 2 ½ cups Basmati Rice (or long grain rice) uncooked
- 2 ½ cups Polar Coconut Milk, need 2 cans of 13.5 oz.
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened toasted coconut flakes
- 1 Mango or preferred amount
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add rice and cook for 2 minutes, stir frequently.
- Add coconut milk, salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cover, cook for 20-25 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Fluff the rice with a fork, garnish with toasted coconut flakes and serve with cut mango slices.
Other recipes you might like