You'll want more than one!
- Ground cinnamon + sugar for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbs cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 (10 oz) jar of POLAR strawberries – drained.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line muffin tin with foil liners.
- Sift sugar, flour, salt, and baking powder in large bowl. Then, cut cold butter into it with two knives or pastry blender.
- In small bowl, whisk together egg and buttermilk. Then blend with dry ingredients until slightly lumpy. (A really smooth batter will mean denser muffins)
- Carefully fold drained berries into batter with rubber spatula
- Fill muffin tin to top and sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center muffin comes out clean.
- Don't overmix your batter: Stir the batter until all the dry ingredients are mixed in with the wet ingredients (10 to 12 folds)
- Fill the batter to 3/4 of the muffin tin, so that the muffins have room to rise without spilling out
- With muffin liners= Softer Muffins on the outside (& Easier to take out)
- Without muffin liners (Directly into Muffin tin)= Crisper & Browner Muffins on the outside
Other recipes you might like